MPI Integration Upper
The MPI Integration Upper classes strive to teach the kinetic chain concept in a comprehensive way. The fusion of movement assessment with dynamic palpation and a global understanding of the kinetic chain will give the clinician a confidence to tackle the toughest of problems. MPI has long been combining movement assessment, soft tissue treatment, functional rehabilitation with state of the art palpation and adjusting. The upper kinetic chain involves the shared efficient motion and muscular interactions of the arm, shoulder and scapular complex, along with the cervical and upper thoracic spine. The Upper DMA class will teach you concepts of force transmission and control along with screening and palpation methods to find areas of dysfunction that will guide your treatment in a comprehensive way.
MPI Integration Upper extremity and spine will include::
- Conceptual instruction on the control system and the role joints and muscle dysfunction have with the CNS.
- Movement screens for the upper extremity and cervical and thoracic spine.
- Palpations for key areas of the upper extremity and cervical and thoracic spine.
- Adjustments and mobilizations for joint dysfunctions found on screens and palpations.
- Treatment techniques for muscle dysfunction of the upper quarter.
- Treatment techniques for functional deficits and rehabilitation options.
- Explanation of exercise prescription and how to make it work in a chiropractic setting.
- Case management considerations.